Eligibility: Candidates for positions on this NIH-funded training grant must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Inquiries should be directed to Dr. Silvia Moreno, T32 Director.
The competition for the five predoctoral positions on the CTEGD T32 Training Grant occurs each May and applications are done in conjunction with your faculty advisor. Interested graduate students should be at least in their 2nd year of study when applying.
- To be eligible trainees must be US citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Candidates must be working in a CTEGD laboratory.
- All trainees must be willing to participate regularly in CTEGD activities, such as Research in Progress sessions and Annual Symposium.
- Predoctoral trainees must take the courses Global Perspectives in Tropical and Emerging Infectious Diseases (MIBO/PBHL/IDIS/BHSI 8260) and Biology of Parasitism (CBIO 8500).
- All trainees must be trained in the responsible conduct of research (courses available are GRSC 8550, VETM 8550, CBIO 8080 or Gene 8650).
- If possible, predoctoral trainees must be willing to participate in a “Capstone Experience”, and show interest in continuing their research training in an area of parasitology. They should intend to continue in this field.
Application material should be submitted as a single PDF.
- A cover letter from the applicant highlighting career goals and her/his willingness to comply with the above stipulations. Please, include an explanation of how the T32 fellowship would contribute to achieving career goals. (1-2 pages).
- A biosketch following the NIH format highlighting education (dates, locations, GPAs), research experience, presentations, publications, and sources/amounts/dates of assistantships or fellowships. Predocs may include grad level courses taken and grades earned. (2 pages)
- A research proposal of 2 pages (single-spaced) in length plus bibliography.
- Mentors should submit a nomination letter, a training plan for the candidate and a list of current support available for the candidate’s project. A biosketch is acceptable as long as it includes the available funding for the student’s project.
- Candidates who apply from outside CTEGD to join the laboratory of a CTEGD member should include, in addition to the materials described above, two additional letters of recommendation.